INSEGNANTE DI GAME DESIGN E GAME DEVELOPMENT – JAMES COOK UNIVERSITY, ADSUMSOFT
As a developer himself, Roberto founded the Singapore based indie studio Adsumsoft and his games have been showcased at events like Sense of Wonder Night in Tokyo, FILE Games in Rio de Janeiro and at the Indie Prize Showcase Asia, besides reaching top positions on both Google Play and Apple’s AppStore in several categories across major and emerging markets alike.
In game design, emotions, both positive and negative, play a major role and represent one of the basic dynamics. The workshop aims to clarify its importance by illustrating different models (Four Keys to Fun, MDA, AGE / 6-11 Framework) and related case studies. We will take as examples games of different genres and types, from retro and mobile to AAA. The last part of the workshop will illustrate in depth the “One Page Game Design Document” template to integrate the analysis models seen previously in a synthetic and effective form of documentation.
- Indtroduction: what makes a game a “good” game?
- The ingredients of a good game according to Mel Croucher
- The role of emotions
- 4 Keys to Fun
- MDA e “8 Kinds of Fun”
- 6-11 and AGE Framework
- Game Design Doc in one page (“One Page GDD”)
- Game developer
- Day: October 23, 2017
- Schedule: 17:00 – 20:00
- Course language: Italian, slides in English
- Required tools: laptop computer, pen and paper
- General requirements: interest in game design