Creative Director and Game Designer
Lau is an experienced creative director and game designer with a focus on social interactions and novel technologies. He co-founded Danish indie game studio NAPNOK in 2010 releasing several original IPs for consoles. Latest Frantics and Chimparty spearheading Sonys PlayLink Range letting players have fun and control their games directly with their smartphones.
A design-oriented masterclass that dives into new interfaces and hardware.
Lau Korsgaard will share practical experiences and insights from working on new platforms and emerging technologies from the past ten years: Wii, smartphones, Kinect, Move, Wii U, VR, Switch and AR all have their own specific affordances and constraints.
Through mini-post mortems of multiple projects and artistic experiments by NAPNOK and Copenhagen Game Collective Lau Korsgaard shows a methodology and mindset in tackling the ‘next big thing’ in game interfaces – whatever that is.
The participants will among other things learn about: identifying the core fantasy of a technology, doing bodystorming instead of brainstorming and using the input device as an output device as well.
Saturday, 07 December 2019
- warm up with a weird game
- introduction to the history of game controllers
- design case studies
- a methodology for designing for new interfaces
14:00 – 17:00
- group exercise 1
- presentation and feedback
- group exercise 2
- shared play session
- conclusion and wrap up
- Game designer
- Game Developer
- Date: 7 dicembre 2019
- Time schedule: 10am -1pm and 2pm – 6pm
- €149 – full cost
- €89 – Early Bird (valid until 25th November 2019)
- €99 – Fidelity ticket: AESVI members, and participants to AIV previous events (workshop, Level Up Conference)
- €79 – university students and video game school students
- €49 – AIV: students and alumni
Payments can be made through the following methods:
- In cash
- Bank transfer addressed to:
- AIV S.r.l.
- Banco di Desio e della Brianza
- IBAN: IT45N0344003214000000660800
- Codice BIC/SWIFT: BDBDIT22
Students have to write their forename and surname along with the name of the course they want to attend as the reason for payment operation. (ex.: John Smith, Graphics 1st Year, October 2015).
As the bank transfer is made, students have to send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to have their receipt of payment:
- forename and surname of the person who paid the bank transfer;
- the address of the person who paid the bank transfer;
- the VAT or tax code of the person who paid the bank transfer;
- the TRN code of the bank transfer.
- Availability: max 20 participants
- Course language: English
- Required tools: pc or laptop