VALERIO DI DONATO
CEO OF 34BIGTHINGS – REDOUT
Valerio Di Donato is head of one of the spearheads of the video game industry in Italy, 34BigThings, based in Turin. Author of the international success Redout, futuristic racing game released on Pc, PS4, XboxOne and Nintendo Switch and supported for over a year with numerous DLC and additional maps.
In today’s video game industry the component composed of independent developers is certainly the one that experienced a vertical growth in recent years.
In an independent context (ie a medium-budget production with a team that does not have more than thirty members), often the figure of the Designer is the reference for all aspects concerning the direction of production and his responsibilities include representing his team and the products he is working on.
During his workshop Valerio will share with Game Design students his techniques and mindset used to face an increasingly competitive industry, he will talk about his experiences in the field of video game financing (in particular the relationship between publisher and developer) and will provide its interpretation of the current video game market in Italy and in the world.
- Introduction to game production techniques
- The current video game market
- Video game financing experiences
- “Redout” production pipeline
- Conclusions, questions and suggestions
- Days: 22 September 2017
- Time schedule: 11am – 1pm and 2pm – 6pm
- Course language: Italian
- Required tools: laptop computer
- General requirements: basic knowledge of the game “Redout”