UI TECHNICAL ARTIST
After a 3-year experience in the world of video editing, he worked in Ubisoft Milano for 5 years as Technical Artist and UI Technical Artist on titles such as some of the Just Dance series (technical support for Ubisoft Art Framework users; video / textures integration in the game engine, debugging and optimization of the artistic side of the game levels, animation of the background events), Ghost Recon: Wildlands (functional and technical analysis of the tactical map, integration of UI assets in the engine, 3D UI technical support), Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle.
Technical implementation of the UI is crucial, both in terms of usability and in terms of performance. Technical Artist is therefore a key role, which lies halfway between the artistic team, the design and the engine programmer. This professional figure deals with all aspects of the integration of the graphic assets in the game engine, from the creation of shaders to the creation of support tools.
The Technical Artist covers capital tasks also in the UI – User Interface, as it must manage key aspects of production, such as the management of the localization in the menus, the optimization of the HUD and everything that helps the player to interact with the game.
In this Masterclass, precious for every future videogame professional, partecipants will learn about some tasks of the UI Technical Artist and its interactions with other aspects of production, starting from design, in order to make the UI not an accessory but an integrated part of the game.
- What is an UI Technical Artist: overview of the two aspects that make up this role: technical art and UI
- How to work in the videogame production
- How to relate to the various departments and the various team figures
- Tasks of the UI Technical Artist
- Effective strategies in the concept / design phase
- Q & A
- Game Designer
- 2D and 3D artist
- Day: 17 November 2018
- Time: 2pm – 6pm
- €99 iva included
- €59 – Early bird (ends on October 20th)
- €59 – University students, Video game school/courses students
- €39 – AIV: students and former students
- Availability: max 25 partecipants
- Course language: Italian